Tech Support Software Rep
Together, we can beat cancer.
At Varian, a Siemens Healthineers Company, we bring together the world's best talent to realize our vision of a world without fear of cancer. Together, we work passionately to develop and deliver easy-to-use, efficient oncology solutions.
We are part of an incredible community of scientists, clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled specialists pushing the boundaries of what's possible, to improve people's lives around the world. We embrace a culture of inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and continued success.
If you want to be part of this important mission, we want to hear from you.
Preferred Location: Central Region
As a member of the Software Technical Support team, you will provide high level remote support to external customers utilizing our products. Responsibilities include assisting external customers with front line technical questions on diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging complex computer systems, software, or networked and/or wireless systems. Interpersonal skills and technical product knowledge and expertise are critical to responding to daily customer-centric activities.
- Responds to customer product inquiries via telephone or in written internet-based email or chat sessions.
- Resolves customer concerns raised during installation, operation, and maintenance of product application or compatibility matters.
- Utilizes remote service applications to troubleshoot the most complex systems level software problems relating to Varian's product suite and recommends corrective action.
- Analyzes and corrects moderately complex networking problems relating to bandwidth, administration and configuration.
- Documents customer information and recurring technical issues to support product quality programs and product development.
- Assist respective product engineering groups with proposed design changes and/or test design modifications.
- Investigate safety problems, incidents, and customer complaints; report them to the appropriate authority or department for proper handling.
- Uses the proper escalation procedures, updates status, and follows through to completion of the escalated task in accordance with established company policy.
- Applies customer management skills, technical expertise, and available resources to meet or exceed customer needs and expectations as measured through the Net Promoter Score.
- Maintains detailed electronic records of service interactions, including the technical problems encountered and parts employed to correct the problem.
- Processes all required service documentation and electronic reports in a timely manner.
- Participates in the development of new servicing techniques and the maintenance/creation of service documentation
- Trains other field personnel.
Minimum Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Sound knowledge and professional experience of Relational Database Systems, Network Operations, Operating Systems, Server and Desktop Hardware, and Hardware and Application Virtualization.
- Citrix Certification required.
Required Certifications and Training: Obtains and completes LMS training plan specific to assigned responsibility.
Applicable to the Oncology Systems business only: Meets all Vendor Credentialing requirements necessary to gain VMS client site access, unless prohibited by law. These requirements vary by client and may include, but are not limited to: Proof of valid identification (photo, driver's license, SSN) Criminal background checks Drug screens Immunizations (Hep B, MMR, Varicella, Influenza, Tetanus) Annual TB testing Healthcare trainings.
Experience Level with Business Tools: Proficient in utilizing business tools such as: E-mail, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with HCM (e.g., Workday) or equivalent ERP product and productivity software desired.
Skill Has substantial understanding of the job and applies knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of tasks.
Job Complexity: Works on assignments that are moderately difficult, requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations.
Supervision: Normally receives little instruction on day to- day work, general instructions on newly introduced assignments.
Typical Education and Experience:
Minimum: HS Degree, Preferred: Bachelor Degree
Typically incumbents operating at this level will have had 2-5 years of experience.
Position must have full access to Varian client sites to perform the essential functions of this position. Many clients require Varian employees and representatives to meet certain Vendor Credentialing requirements before they will be allowed to have access to their sites. Unless prohibited by law, position must meet all Vendor Credentialing requirements necessary to have full client access and must continue to meet those requirements during the course of employment in this position. These requirements vary by client and may include, but are not limited to: Proof of valid identification (photo, driver's license, SSN) Criminal background checks Drug screens Immunizations (COVID-19, Hep B, MMR, Varicella, Influenza, Tetanus) Annual TB testing Healthcare training
Fighting cancer calls for big ideas.
We envision a world without fear of cancer. Achieving this vision takes dedication and commitment from all of us, every single day. That's why we celebrate and value the distinctly beautiful and intersectional identities of each of our employees. We are a mirror of our patient-base, which allows us to innovate. Big ideas come from everywhere, and the best ideas are fostered by our unique individual experiences. At Varian, we encourage you to bring your whole self to work and believe your bold and authentic perspective will help to power more victories over cancer.
The base pay range for this position is
Min $54,100 - Max $92,000
The pay wage range shown is based on the job posting's primary location. Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors, including but not limited to skill set, experience, certifications, and location.
Similar access rep jobs in peoria il
- access rep jobs jobs near me
- tech support jobs near me
- Patient Access Representative 1 at Heartland Health Services
- Patient Access Associate at OSF HealthCare
- Patient Access Coordinator at CPO SERVICES, INC
- Patient Access Specialist - Peoria General Surgery at Springfield Clinic
- Contact Center Agent II at OSF HealthCare
- Caregiver at Right at Home Peoria
- Entry Level Job for Recent Grads - $60,000+ first year at CourseCareers