Technology Support Specialist- Belmont Campus - Immediate Start
Growing your career as a Full Time Technology Support Specialist- Belmont Campus is an amazing opportunity to develop competitive skills.
If you are strong in creativity, persuasion and have the right personality for the job, then apply for the position of Technology Support Specialist- Belmont Campus at Intrinsic Schools today!
Intrinsic Schools is a charter network whose mission is to create a revolutionary new school model that prepares all students for postsecondary success and world-changing endeavors. We offer a chance to make a unique impact in urban education by creating an academic model that leverages great teaching and the precision of technology to personalize education for each student. At our Belmont campus, we serve students in grades 7-12. At our downtown campus, we serve students in grades 9-12. Our student demographics are 90% minority, 86% free and reduced lunch and 19% students with disabilities. If you have a passion for teaching in an urban setting and using technology in the classroom, apply to our unique school.
We offer a chance to make a unique impact in urban education by creating an academic model that leverages great teaching and the precision of technology to personalize education for each student. Our goal is to prepare all students for post-secondary success as demonstrated by high quality student work, growth on assessments and “noncognitive” factors such as empathy, student independence, perseverance, and intellectual curiosity.
Our team has a unique mix of charter, private school and deep CPS experience that creates a broad range of perspectives that ultimately leads to stronger schools.
Finally, we offer a chance to be a part of an elite national peer group. We collaborate with some of the most successful and innovative schools across the country as we refine our model. Our model will be shared across the city, the state and country!
Culture at Intrinsic
We believe that a strong student culture focused on learning and mutual respect between students and adults is foundational to a strong school. Teachers at Intrinsic consistently implement a school-wide behavior system designed to create such a culture.
Our Academic Model
Our academic model is unique and creates a very different and exciting place to work. We provide diverse types of learning experiences such as Socratic seminars, small group instruction, hands-on labs and collaborative student projects. Team teaching is core to our model. All math, ELA and Spanish teachers teach in teams where they plan together and work with students in larger spaces. Teachers in other subjects are expected to plan collaboratively and often co-teach to support our special education and ESL students. We use technology to personalize learning and to help students make deeper connections to content. As a result of this structure, teachers are able to better assess and meet individual student needs.
Intrinsic is a cloud-rooted, Google Apps environment with 1:1 Chromebooks and a Meraki infrastructure. You will be tasked with ensuring that Intrinsic is always ready with equipment to ensure that the students and staff are prepared with hardware. The position is part-time with approximately 20 to 25 hours per week at a rate of $16 per hour.
- Assist in identifying hardware or software issues on student chromebooks
- Assist in repairing and or restoring chromebooks
- Assist in shipping and receiving process of chromebooks going out or returning
- Assist in keeping an accurate inventory of chromebooks
- Assist in providing spares to spare pool of chromebook inventory
- Assist in collecting potentially damaged chromebooks for break-fix process
- Perform other tasks as assigned by management staff
- Maintain punctuality to assigned shifts
- Weekly stock check o f printer toner, paper and staples
- Ensure that proper procedures are adhered to in the issuance and return of chromebooks
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Windows, Chromebook, Mac and Android Experience preferred
- Technical break-fix repair experience preferred
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
- Professional attitude and appearance, highly solutions oriented, and strong work ethic
- Previous experience or training in an educational technology preferred
- I mplement a hardware preventative maintenance program
- Maintain a current inventory of all computer related hardware
- Maintain classroom computers
- Maintain networked printers
- Install and configure new hardware/software on all district computers
- Set up computers for all outgoing repairs when needed
- Assist staff with troubleshooting as needed
- Maintain a current and updated equipment database
- Perform end of the year cleaning of computers
- Perform end of the year inventory of supplies
- Investigate and create software inventory on all district equipment/yearly
- Maintain hardware updates
- Provide technology training and support to school organizations
- Maintain Toner cartridges, replacing as needed.
- Assist staff with Software issues and questions
- Reconfigure computers for teachers that have changed location
- Reconfigure computers for new teachers
- Keep all technology devices up to date with the newest versions of software and operating systems
- Perform other tasks as determined by the Technology Director
- Work is performed while standing, sitting and/or walking
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision and hearing
- Requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations
- Requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching
- Requires the ability to lift, carry, push or pull light weights
Compensation and Benefits
- $46,000- $52,000
- Health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental, vision, short and long term disability
- 401K/pension with employer match
- Mental Health benefits
Equal Opportunity Employer
Intrinsic Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Intrinsic Schools ensures equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, gender, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability. Intrinsic Schools has a policy of active recruitment of qualified minority teachers and non-certified employees. Any individual needing assistance in making an application for any opening should contact the Department of Human Resources.
Benefits of working as a Technology Support Specialist- Belmont Campus in Illinois:
● Learning opportunities
● Opportunities to grow
● Competitive salary