Regional Vice President, Operations & Sales
Are you an experienced property management leader looking to take your talents to a new level? Are you looking for a dynamic and growing organization that will both challenge and reward you? We are looking for a Regional Vice President, Operations & Sales with the right balance of leadership and management skills, along with a real knack for customer service. You will oversee the day-to-day property management operations for a group of manufactured home communities, ensuring new revenue is being generated at each community. If you have the qualifications and background we’re looking for, we want to talk to you!
As a Regional Vice President, you will have responsibility for overseeing the operational aspects and the continued profitability of multiple manufactured home communities. You’ll be in charge of overseeing everything from budgeting, capital improvements, human resource management, marketing, and retailer relations, to community enhancement and curb appeal, leasing and home sales of new and pre-owned homes and, most importantly, resident relations.
- Determine and approve staffing levels of each community.
- Coordinate education and training of team members to enhance skill development.
- Develop and implement marketing programs and advertising plans, including strategies and activities to achieve targeted results.
- Coordinate the purchase of new and pre-owned home inventory; develop pre-owned home listing and brokerage plan.
- Develop and implement effective retailer relations programs.
- Conduct on-site inspections and ensure each community is consistently maintained and groomed to Sun’s curb appeal standards.
- Ensure customers and residents receive the highest level of service consistent with Sun’s Customer Service philosophy.
- Handle and resolve resident complaints and issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Oversee implementation of annual capital improvement program.
- Create, monitor and manage annual operating and sales budgets for each community.
- Prepare monthly P&L variance explanations, including a corrective action plan where needed.
- Develop annual occupancy, lease-up and sales projections; implement programs to achieve them.
- Ensure internal control practices are adhered to and monitor for compliance.
- Meet and maintain communication with residents, homeowner associations or boards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Hospitality, Business or related field
- Minimum of 5 years property management experience, including 2 years supervisory experience
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of federal, state, and local laws pertaining to fair housing and employment law
- Strong organizational skills
- Working knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Ability to travel frequently with overnight stays
- Basic computer proficiency, including the ability to use email, internet and Microsoft Office Suite; experience using Yardi, preferred
- Flexibility to respond to community needs during non-business hours
At Sun Communities, you will be part of an industry-leading organization where you will be challenged, inspired, rewarded and transformed. We place a high priority on our team members, and this is a big part of what sets us apart. We will ask you to give us your very best every day, and will challenge you with interesting work, stretch assignments, a collaborative and supportive work environment and plenty of learning and growth. In exchange, we will reward you with great pay, advancement opportunities, paid time off, great benefits, and flexibility.
- Comprehensive Medical and Prescription coverage with 4 plan options so you can choose the plan that best meets the needs of you and your family
- Comprehensive Dental and Vision Plans
- On-Site Fitness Center with Free Personal Training & Group Fitness Classes
- Voluntary Health and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance and Dependent Life
- Short and Long-Term Disability Coverage
- 401(k) Plan with Sun matching contribution
- Employee Assistance Program
- Identity Theft Insurance
- Legal Assistance Plan
- Pet Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement program providing financial support to team members who further their formal education
- Vacation RV Site Discounts for team members when visiting SunRV Resorts across the nation
- Team Member Perks & Discounts program with hundreds of discounts on things like travel, merchandise, mobile phone service, and more
- Up to six weeks of paid parental leave for the birth of a child, adoption, or placement of a child
- Paid Time Off including ten holidays, vacation, personal, sick time, bereavement and pay for jury duty
Apply for a Corporate Headquarters (HQ) position, located in the Metro Detroit, Michigan market today.
Join our Talent Community and explore Corporate Headquarters jobs at Sun Communities.