Contact Center Specialist (Wexford, PA)
UPMC Tri Rivers Musculoskeletal Centers are hiring a full-time Contact Center Specialist to join our team in Wexford, PA! In this position, you will work Monday-Friday from 8:00am-4:30pm. No evenings, weekends, or holidays required! The ideal candidate will be a team player who understands that our patients are the top priority, is proficient in using a computer, and has superior communication skills. We are looking for someone who is interested in growing in their career with us. Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Answer multi-line telephone system, with a clear focus on patient satisfaction and first call resolution while scheduling appointments according to the department protocols ensuring the appropriate exam, physician, and timeslot are utilized. Redirect telephone calls and takes messages, when appropriate, interacting with the staff and leadership of other departments when necessary. Review, verify and enter the patient's demographic, financial, and insurance information to ensure data integrity. Enters or updates information in the appropriate system(s) accurately, verifies and revises existing information on patients that have not been interviewed within the past 30 days.
Complete forms, upload, scan, or fax documents as required for patient appointment. Follow up on any incomplete or inaccessible information to assure a completed record. Obtains, verifies and corrects registration information of new and existing patients. Mail new patient packets prior to scheduled appointment and handle medicine refill requests. Act as an advocate for patients by providing guidance, interpretation, and education on scheduling, registration (directions, parking information, and required preparation for appointment), billing, claims, and various patient related inquiries.
Identify and take action to address patient concerns by utilizing effective decision making skills to know when to handle the call, send the call to in house clinical staff or send call to the physician's office to meet the patient's needs. Research, resolve and respond to email, web and telephone billing inquiries from patients and insurance carriers in accordance with departmental protocols. Complete follow-up on unpaid account balances. Contact guarantors, third party payors, and/or other outside agencies for payment of balances due. Establish reasonable payment plans according to department policies; set up payment arrangement in system and monitors payments for consistency and timeliness. Counsel patients on various local, state and federal agencies, which may be available to assist with funding of health care.
Assist patients that call with access issues for their MyUPMC account, telemedicine visit or any other on-line access concerns. Contact patients to discuss their post-discharge appointment requirements; follow up and coordinate all appointments for the patient. Review and take action on accounts on aged trial balance reports or in assigned work queue meeting specified dollar and age criteria to ensure lowest number of days possible on accounts receivable. Assign accounts deemed un-collectible to external collection agencies on a monthly basis. Document all actions taken on a patient account. Review on-line account history and EOB's to ensure all payers have been billed and to validate the accuracy of payments and adjustments posted.
Identify, review, and research credit balance accounts, potential refunds, adjustments, payment transfers, etc., to bring the account balance to zero. Identify and take action towards resolution of problematic accounts through potential refunds, adjustments, payment transfers, etc. to bring balance to zero. Adhere to Fair Debt Collection Practices Guidelines and understands the laws and regulations applicable to job functions. Performs in accordance with system-wide competencies/behaviors. Performs other duties as assigned.
- HS Diploma or equivalent
1 year general customer service experience
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
UPMC has a Center for Engagement and Inclusion that is charged with executing leading-edge and next-generation diversity strategies to advance the organization's diversity management capability and its national presence as a diversity leader. This includes having Employee Resource Groups, such as PRIDE Health or UPMC ENABLED (Empowering Abilities and Leveraging Differences) Network, which support the implementation of our diversity strategy.
Similar contact center representative jobs in pittsburgh pa
- contact center representative jobs jobs near me
- contact center specialist jobs near me
- Contact Center Representative at Jackson Hewitt
- Healthcare Call Center Representative at 2210 Martha Street Associates LLC
- Services Support Representative (Call Center) at Dollar Bank
- Care Connect Call Center (WORK FROM HOME) at Highmark Health
- Customer Call Center Representative at British Swim School Pittsburgh
- Contact Center Specialist (MyUPMC Help Line)- Pittsburgh or Erie at UPMC
- Inbound Call Center Representative 2 - Bilingual Required at Humana