Consultant Manager - Tax Advantage Group
Cherry Bekaert's Tax Advantage Group is looking for a Manager or Senior Manager to join the TAG Consulting team. We offer an opportunity to work with a team of experts with a deep track record in New Markets Tax Credit (NMTC) allocation applications, NMTC placement and deployment, and NMTC compliance and asset management services. The Manager or Senior Manager will build a pipeline of potential borrowers, and structured finance opportunities, and expand into new markets and regions using in-depth knowledge of and relationships with Community Development Entities (CDEs) tax credit investors, and other community development stakeholders. The successful candidate will have a strong sense of urgency and a mission to help make a difference in Low-Income Communities.
About TAG: TAG has been involved in the NMTC industry since its inception and to date has secured over $1.7 billion in NMTC funding. TAG is proud to have structured and facilitated NMTC investments that have created 14,530 direct jobs, served 489,860 clients through nonprofit investments, and helped create over 7.1 million square feet of new and improved commercial and industrial real estate. TAG's current portfolio consists of investments in areas with poverty rates as high as 66%, median family income as low as 14.24%, and unemployment rates as high as 31.2%.
Location: Flexible; depends on candidate and market. Ability to work remotely.
As a manager/senior manager, you will:
- Communicate with and manage relationships with potential borrowers, CDEs, and investors
- Identify, evaluate, and manage a pipeline of NMTC, and other community development finance, opportunities
- Collect, package and manage due diligence on potential borrower and Project Sponsors
- Develop marketing materials to present to CDEs and investors
- Build relationships with CDEs to better identify the best project financing match
- Support the structuring of NMTC transactions in collaboration with external legal counsel
- Advise borrowers on business terms and work with borrowers and closing team to finalize loan structure.
- Travel: 50%
What you bring to the role:
- BA in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field; Master's Degree or JD a plus
- At least 3+ years' of experience in community development finance, structured finance, or commercial loans preferred
- Knowledge of tax credit financing required, with specific experience with NMTC strongly preferred
- Experience in working with CDEs, lenders, investors
- Demonstrated experience in putting together and closing deals
- Proficiency in Excel
- Strong sense of urgency and shared sense of mission
What you can expect from us:
- Shared values, including uncompromising integrity, a passion for excellence, and mutual respect
- The opportunity to innovate and do work that motivates and engages you
- Collaborative environment focused on your career growth and continuous professional development
- Competitive compensation and a total rewards package that focuses on all aspects of your wellbeing
- Flexibility to do impactful work and the time to enjoy your life outside of work
About Cherry Bekaert
Cherry Bekaert, ranked among the largest assurance, tax and advisory firms in the U.S., serves clients across industries in all 50 U.S. states and internationally. Cherry Bekaert is the brand name under which Cherry Bekaert LLP and Cherry Bekaert Advisory LLC, independently owned entities, provide professional services in an alternative practice structure in accordance with applicable professional standards. Cherry Bekaert LLP is a licensed CPA firm that provides attest services, and Cherry Bekaert Advisory LLC and its subsidiary entities provide business advisory and non-attest services spanning the areas of transaction advisory, risk and accounting advisory, digital solutions, cybersecurity, tax, benefits consulting, and wealth management. For more details, visit .
Cherry Bekaert cares about its people. We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, we offer a comprehensive, high-quality benefits program which includes medical, dental, and vision care; disability and life insurance; generous Paid Time Off; retirement plans; Paid Care Leave; and other programs that are dedicated to enhancing your personal and work life and providing you and your family with a measure of financial protection.
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act:
Cherry Bekaert provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Candidates must demonstrate eligibility to work in the United States. Cherry Bekaert will not provide work sponsorship for this position.
Cherry Bekaert LLP and Cherry Bekaert Advisory LLC are members of Allinial Global, an accountancy and business advisory global association. Visit us at and follow us on LinkedIn , Facebook, Twitter or Instagram .
� 2022 Cherry Bekaert. All Rights Reserved.
No agencies please.