Consultant Tax Federal Specialty Fall 2023
FORVIS’ Tax Advisory practice is experiencing exponential growth and is seeking talented professionals who are passionate about helping our clients achieve their goals.
As a Tax Advisory consultant at FORVIS, you will be responsible for assisting engagement teams with the execution of engagements to identify and support cash-generating tax incentives. Our consultants participate in project planning, assist in identifying, quantifying, and qualifying business activities and preparing supporting documentation.
FORVIS’ Tax Advisory professionals help clients select and enforce strategies that promote growth and savings. Services include but are not limited to:
- Research & Development Tax Credit Studies
Transaction Tax Services
Cost Segregation Studies
- Accounting Method Optimization
- Federal & International Tax Advisory
- IRS Controversy Support
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE:
Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team helping to provide subject matter knowledge and experience. Industries include but not be limited to manufacturing, technology, retail, and utilities.
Identifying, analyzing, and qualifying value-oriented benefits
- Performing tax research related to tax technical topics
- Updating and maintaining project milestones and action items
- Conducting client interviews, gathering and reviewing client documentation
- Substantiating results on consulting projects through presentations and written reports to clients
- Assisting in the research & analysis of client data
- Organizing incoming documents and files from clients
- Providing project status updates to the client and internal stake-holders
- Coordinating client appointments, prepare reports, maintain progress tracking data
- Compiling and reviewing project reports
- Serving the needs of the client by planning, coordinating, and executing cross-functional projects
- Delivering FORVIS’ commitment to unmatched client experience through timely and responsive communication with internal and external clients
WE ARE LOOKING FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE FORWARD VISION AND:
- Ability to work well with a team as well as independently
Willingness to take initiative
- Ability to work under pressure and against deadlines.
- Effective time management
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Close attention to detail
- Associate positions require a bachelor's or master's degree in accounting
- Associates must be eligible to sit for the CPA exam or have CPA certification
Solid technical accounting knowledge
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Applicants for positions with FORVIS must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Prior internships in a public accounting firm performing tax work