Operations Support Specialist
At Children’s Wisconsin, we believe kids deserve the best.
Every child deserves a safe and loving home. When parents are unable to provide this on their own, intervention is needed to ensure these children are free of abuse and neglect.
We provide child well-being services to help children live in a safe and nurturing environment. We provide services to parents needing education and guidance to improve their parenting skills so their children can remain with them. We also provide services to children who are placed with foster families until they can return home or become part of an adoptive family.
Our experienced professionals provide the following services to families in Milwaukee County and at locations throughout Wisconsin.
- Foster Care
- Treatment Foster Care
- Respite Care
- Child Advocacy Centers
- Family Case Management
- Family Finding
We offer a wide variety of rewarding career opportunities and are seeking individuals dedicated to helping us achieve our vision of the healthiest kids in the country. If you want to work for an organization that makes a difference for children and families, and encourages you to be at your best every day, please apply today.
Please follow this link for a closer look at what it’s like to work at Children’s Wisconsin: https://www.instagram.com/lifeatcw/
This position performs all activities related the needs of the office and programs offered at the location. Greets and checks-in patients, clients, participants and visitors, manages phone calls, schedules appointments, and performs other clerical duties.
- High School graduate or Certificate of General Educational Development (GED) or High School Equivalency Diploma (HSED) required. Associate's degree in business, computer applications, human services, or related field preferred
- Requires minimum of 3 months of experience in office or customer service, one year of office or customer service related experience preferred.
- Exhibits guiding behaviors that reflect Children's values and support our mission and vision.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including: Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to learn and work in multiple electronic business and client data systems
- Keystroke and Keyboard efficiency
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills to assist clients, families, visitors, and staff
- Strong concentration skills in order to serve a variety of people in a fast-paced environment and handle incoming calls
- Flexibility in order to prioritize efforts to meet needs of clients, families, visitors, and staff
- Normal office environment where there is no reasonable potential for exposure to blood or other high risk body fluids. Minimal physical activity required
- Knowledge of electronic data systems preferred
Additional Posting Description
Standard Schedule - Monday - Friday 10:00 am - 2:00 pm, but schedule could vary at times when front desk coverage is needed.
Address: 705 S 24th Ave, Suite 400, Wausau, WI 54401
Part-Time, FTE .5 (20 hours per week) - Benefits eligible role including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Insurances, Paid Time Off, retirement savings plan with matching and more.
- Notice: This role will also help support the Child Advocacy Center (CAC) which is a specially trained team of professionals to investigate cases of child maltreatment. The CAC provides comprehensive services in the form of specialized medical exams, forensic interviews, advocacy services and health screenings for children in out of home placements. Through extensive services, the CAC enables children and their families to heal from abuse and advocates for safe and secure living environments.
This role will view and enter sensitive and confidential information that may be related to trauma of child abuse or neglect.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Children's Wisconsin is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for all employees. We treat everyone with dignity, respect, and fairness. We do not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by the law.
Similar children's services jobs in wausau wi
- children's services jobs jobs near me
- customer service jobs near me
- Operations Support Specialist at Children's Wisconsin
- Respite Child Care Worker - Weekends at Opportunity Inc
- Child Care Teacher at Wausau Child Care Inc.
- Early Childhood - Teacher at Marathon County Child Development Agency
- Child Care Teacher at Woodson Ymca
- Human Services Professional - Family Preservation Services at Lutheran Social Services
- Community Support Specialist at Marathon County Government